1. I was born and raised in Southern Ohio. I grew up a block from the Ohio River and my heart and my son are still there.
2. I have been married since 1993 years and have 3 children; 26 – son, 24 – daughter, 10 – daughter.
3. I gave birth to my first child, a son, at the age of 15. I chose adoption for him and we were reunited in 2009.
4. In spite of my age and the very hard choices I had to make, I had an incredibly positive and empowering birth experience with my son. This experience is what led me to become a doula. I wanted to support others as I’d been supported.
5. I play the piano and clarinet.
6. I am conversational in American Sign Language.
7. I don’t like coffee.
8. My favorite food is sushi. Specifically garlic seared Albacore Tuna.
9. My Superpower: I’m immune to farts! I do not have a sense of smell. If you don’t believe me ask my husband. I’m immune to his much to his boyish disappointment.
10. Music is my therapy. Along with sushi and a good massage.